Daily Quote: "Stop running whenever you experience dizziness, light-headedness, confusion, or blurred vision--all of which are symptoms of heat illness and severe dehydration." --Dean Karnazes, from his excellent book, "50/50 Secrets I Learned Running 50 Marathons in 50 Days and How You Too Can Achieve Super Endurance!"
Today I plan on doing "doubles" as both runs will be on the roads and won't be visiting the gym for my usual weight circuit training. I also wondered if the stress of lifting weights and doing doubles is too much work for a recovery day, which was why I was so close to overtraining last week. Live and learn. Tomorrow after work I hope to squeeze in a session of weight circuit training.
2:25 a.m. After work. Recovery Run. 5 miles. Time, 47:40. Pace, 9:32 minutes per miles. Out and back on Charleston Boulevard. 77 degrees with 8 mph winds. Average heart rate: 143 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 149 bpm. Charleston Boulevard is the main route to Red Rock Canyon and is a constant uphill climb, but made the return trip feel very easy as I felt I was flying downhill. Overdid the run downhill and after my run both calves were complaining.
Slept 7 hours. Morning heart rate: 42 bpm. Body feels good, calves are not complaining now, and I feel eager for my second run. Small breakfast of Cheerios and bananas with skim milk.
10:45 a.m. Recovery Run. 6 miles. Time, 58:30. Pace, 9:45 minutes per mile. Out and back on Lindell Road. 84 degrees with 6 mph winds. Average heart rate 144 bpm. Cardiac drift 151 bpm. Wore my one bottle holster filled with water, later wished I carried Gatorade instead, a pretty warm and toasty run. No aches nor pain, but did feel extremely tired. After a shower, took an hour nap before work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Doubles! I am impressed. A run that early in the morning too... way to go!
My friend Goerge Brown, that I mention sometimes did "doubles" when he was running fast back in the day. I've never tried it myself, but I heard stories, and read some that it really makes you a stronger runner. Good-Luck in all that you do. God Bless.
Jimmy.... PS. Another 20 = Wow!!!!
Post a Comment