Daily Quote: "Treat yourself as an experiment of one. Don't blindly copy the way others train. Try new workouts and methods often; keep those that work for you and discard the rest." --Bill Bowerman
This morning I awoke with the blahs, which was a general feeling of discomfort and dissatisfaction with life in general. Cab business is very slow and was only able to have five rides for the whole 12-hour shift! I can't remember when I had so few rides in a day, I'm not even making minimum wage. I've been driving a cab for 18 years and may be forced to find some other work, that might be a good idea anyway due to the threat of a strike at Checker Cab Company. I procrastinated most of the morning reading blogs on the computer before I left for the gym at 12:00 p.m.
12:15 p.m. Tempo Run. 7 miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% grade. Warm-up: 2 miles at 6.3 mph (9:31 minute miles). Tempo: 3 miles at 7.8 mph (7:42 minute miles). Cool-down: 2 mile at 6.3 mph. Average heart rate: 159 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 181 bpm. (Note: My maximum heart rate is 190 bpm) Tough workout! This hard workout had me forgetting my troubles and was much needed as afterwards the run lifted my mood tremendously! Just what the doctor ordered!! I have no doubts if it wasn't for running I'd be in a deep state of depression.
Wednesday nights are usually the slowest night of the week, but can't imagine it'll be slower than last night. Oh well, during vacation had bought the book, "50/50: Secrets I Learned Running 50 Marathons in 50 days -- and How You Too Can Achieve Super Endurance," by Dean Karnazes and should be able to finish the book tonight.
I need to eat my usual quick lunch on the way to work, which is a "Lean Pocket;" today's pocket is Chicken Parmesan. I still eat every three hours a small meal of 250-350 calories.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow, at 169 to 170 bpm's my heart is ready to jump out of my chest. By the way, I'm really enjoying the Forerunner and could see the benefits. Do you download your data to specific site that offers a little more analysis?
Howdy Running Bob! Some people have Kawasaki sized hearts, but doesn't mean my heart has any better fitness. I've tried downloading my Garmin to my home computer last year, but the computer had been corrupted by a past virus that deleted pertinent files and refuses to download. Doesn't matter, I have little time to play with more analysis anyway. Sounds like you're having a blast with your new toy!!
Way to beat the blahs with a killer workout.
Post a Comment