Daily Quote: "So, as we get older we should be more and more careful and patient when increasing frequency, duration or intensity of running!" --Boscho, regular contributor and friend at about.com running forum.
I may seem to be running on the edge of injury, but I've been slowly adding such high mileage training for several years and also incorporate recovery days, recovery weeks and even recovery seasons throughout the year. The longer I run, the more I've learn to listen closely to what my body is saying, hopefully I'll be able to continue running for the rest of my life.
What a crazy weekend! Yesterday I ran an easy six miler on the roads, did some yard work, and then took the wife to Primm, Nevada to see the legendary rock band "Foreigner" perform! We boogie in the aisle and had a blast.
Today I ran a General Recovery Run of eight miles on the roads. Took a nice long afternoon nap. Bowled on the Bishop Gorman League where our team, "One Wonders," won three games out of four against the top ranked team, "The Ringers!" My bowling average will probably climb next week and it'll be challenging to keep our winning ways. How I wish I had more time to practice bowling, oh well, after the marathon I'll have plenty of time to improve my bowling.
My Recovery Week is now over and I'm prepared to continue my training for the 2008 Las Vegas Marathon with vigor!!
SUMMARY FOR SEPTEMBER 15-21, 2008
I have eleven weeks left until the 2008 Las Vegas Marathon!! Since last week was a Recovery Week I ran only 59 miles, but only one run was done on the treadmill. Tomorrow I plan on doing my first Long Run on the roads and will be very cautious and listen closely to what my body tells me.
I didn't lose nor gain any weight last week, I'm still 172 pounds on a six foot frame. All of my Recovery Weeks in the past I've always gained weight, therefore I'm very happy that my weight has remained stable during my mileage cut-back.
I accomplished three weight circuit sessions last week, which is rather easy to do when I'm only running once a day. The next three weeks when I gradually increase my mileage will be difficult to continue weight training, I'll just do the best I can with the time available.
My sleeping patterns have been stable and slept 7-8 hours every night, I even had time to nap before work most days. My morning heart rates have been low, 37-41 bpm, and I'm now prepared to return to hard training tomorrow.
A short recap of last week's mileage:
Monday: Medium Long Run on the treadmill, 15 miles.
Tuesday: Recovery Run on the roads, 6 miles.
Wednesday: General Aerobic Run on the roads, 8 miles.
Thursday: Recovery Run on the roads, 6 miles.
Friday: General Aerobic Run on the roads, 10 miles.
Saturday: Recovery Run on the roads, 6 miles.
Sunday: General Aerobic Run on the roads, 8 miles.
Total Weekly Mileage: 59 miles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow...59 miles, and it was a recovery week! You never fail to amaze me. :) Good luck with your final 11 weeks...I look forward to reading about them. :)
Great job. You set such a great example for all of us.
Post a Comment