Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First "Doubles" of the Year!

Daily Quote: "Practice rational goal setting. Set goals that you are confident you can attain, but aren't certain you can attain." --Bill Bowerman

This early morning I decided to attempt my first "Doubles" (run twice in one day) for the year. Getting motivated to enter the gym wasn't easy as I had finished a 20 miler just 13 hours ago.

2:15 a.m. Recover Run. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% grade. 5 miles @ 6.5 mph. (9:14 minute miles). Average heart rate: 142 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 146 bpm. Immediately after run went and did my normal routine of weight circuit training that lasted about 35 minutes. I was pleasantly tired and upbeat after I left the gym...slept soundly for eight hours.

My morning heart rate was 145 bpm, a little higher morning heart rate for me, but not high enough to abort my second run for the day.

12: 15 p.m. Recovery Run. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% grade. 6 miles @ 6.5 mph. (9:14 minute miles). Average heart rate 147 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 150 bpm. I was totally exhausted after my run and did feel a little soreness in my legs, my left arm was still sore from lifting weights this morning as well. Hopefully I'll be fully recovered to do a Tempo Run tomorrow.

1 comment:

Andrew/Dad..+ said...

Great Job - Go! Doubles!!!!
A "Dreadmill" huh, with a 20-miler, and a day of doubles it sounds like something more. God Bless All You do, and All Your Wife Does.
Jimmy.... Like My Wife - Putting Up With You Is Hard Work, ha, ha....