Daily Quote: "To assist you in your weight loss efforts, make an effort to eat breakfast every morning and be sure to include protein and fiber. If you're pressed for time, try eating something quick like cereal and milk, peanut butter on toast, or cottage cheese and fruit. And remember, if you eat breakfast, you have a greater chance of burning off calories (during a run, for instance!) since you're consuming them early in the day." --Christine Luff, about.com running/jogging guide.
I normally eat Cheerios topped with fruit (often bananas, sometimes frozen berries) and skim milk for breakfast about an hour before my run, it works for me, but we're all an experiment of one, it might not work for you.
Today I attempt two "Doubles," for the first time this year. I won't be doing any weight lifting during these Recovery Runs as to keep my easy days, EASY.
2:20 a.m. After work. Recovery Run. Out and back to Lindell Road, which partially traverses the "Las Vegas Marathon" route. Cooler, 72 degrees with 5 mph winds. 6 miles. Time, 57:18. Pace, 9:33 minute miles. I didn't wear my heart rate monitor as I wanted to run without any distractions concerning time and effort. I had a stressful work night and this late, cooler night run under a clear sky was very relaxing. I could get used to this!!
Slept 7 hours. A very deep sleep. Morning heart rate was 40 bpm. Had my Cheerios and caught up on a few fellow bloggers.
11:00 a.m. Recovery Run. 6 miles. Time, 58:00. Out and back on Charleston Boulevard. 77 degrees with 8 mph winds. Average heart rate: 142 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 148 bpm. Charleston Boulevard is the main route to Red Rock Canyon. Partly Cloudy, 84 degrees, winds east at 6 mph. Body feels great after the run, no aches, nor pain, and doesn't feel like I ran twice today already!! Maybe next week attempt to run another set of "doubles??"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love your daily quotes, I get so caught up in reading them I forget to leave a comment! LOL...
Since I started all this crazy running, I cannot go without breakfast. For the last two years, I've been eating less more often...and can truly feel the difference if I miss a snack.
Post a Comment