Daily Quote: "Obey the hard-easy rule. You'll build fitness faster if you do three hard runs and three easy runs per week (for example) than if you do six moderate runs." --Bill Bowerman
I've finished my base building and today is my first day of marathon training!! I have 14 weeks until the 2008 Las Vegas Marathon on Sunday, December 7th.
What better way to start my marathon training, but with a Long Run.
Long Run, 20 miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% grade. 10 miles at 6.6 mph (9:06 minute miles) and 10 miles at 6.7 mph. (8:57 minute miles) Average heart rate: 149 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 157 bpm. Gym was hot today and I was soaking wet from persperation. No aches nor pain and all systems are GO!
I hope to improve my performance from last year by having as many more 20+ miles than last year's training, but will listen to my body and will take the necessary precautions to insure I'll reach the starting line fit, healthy and uninjured.
I've been having problems with my internet connections and have been very frustrated with Cox Communications as they are impossible to communicate via phone. My patience is thin as I have so little time between training and work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
great job. Good luck in the final phase of training.
Good-Luck and God Bless Your Marathon Training = (All 14-Weeks)....
Jimmy....
Post a Comment