Tuesday, September 16, 2008

NO "Doubles" this Week.

Daily Quote: "Creating plans and schedules will certainly reduce the number of running opportunities you miss, though it will not eliminate them. Try to be flexible and adaptive, and seize on gaps in your schedule to get a quick run in. That way, if something unexpected disrupts your normally scheduled run, you don't feel stressed about missing a workout. (And if something unexpected doesn't disrupt your normally scheduled run, you can get in two workouts that day!)" --Dean Karnazes, from his excellent book, "50/50 Secrets I Learned Running 50 Marathons in 50 Days and How You Too Can Achieve Super Endurance!"

This week I won't be doing "Doubles" when I run twice in one day as I'm in Recovery Week...although that doesn't mean I can't squeeze in a weight training after work.

2:20 a.m. Warm-up, 10 minutes on the elliptical machine. 35 minutes on Weight Circuit Training. Cool-down, 10 minutes on the upright stationary cycle. I had a busy night at work and felt totally drained after leaving the gym.

Slept eight hours. Morning heart rate is 40 bpm. Left arm is a little sore from my early morning weightlifting, I have such puny arms with my left arm being the weakest.

11:15 a.m. Recovery Run. 6 miles. Time, 58:30. Pace, 9:45 minutes per mile. Out and back on Lindell Road. Sunny and HOT! 90 degrees with 10 mph winds. Average heart rate 147 bpm. Cardiac drift 154 bpm. Wore my one bottle holster filled with Gatorade. (Fruit Punch flavor for a change) I was struggling in the heat and I should be running earlier in the day if I wish to accomplish a run on the roads.

1 comment:

WendyBird said...

I love the quote you chose! Man, you are a running machine! I'm glad I'm finally moving into the modern age and reading blogs :-)