Daily Quote: "I never walked any part of the race. At mile 7 I remember a guy telling his friend that there were only 5 miles left...and I thought...NO, 6 miles left -- he then realized his mistake and corrected himself - I wanted to trip him for the false hope...lol....he then started talking about gas....so I moved from behind him to the side and pass him....I didn't want to catch the tail end of that one!" --Dustie Jo from Illinois, her first time half-marathon experiences, Blog: Cafe Dustay.
Today I decided to run my usual six mile Recovery Run, which is an out-and-back to Lindell Road...today no distractions, no watch, no Garmin, no heart rate monitor and had a very restful run with no distractions. Therefore this post is very brief as I don't have much to tell! It was another warm morning, Sunny, 83-84 degrees with no wind...I'm not crazy enough to skip carrying water! I should run like this more often, a nice sense of freedom and felt carefree!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
So simple and uncomplicated. How nice.
Some of my most favorite runs were just like you said. Nothing but the joy of getting another run in. Also some of my most favorite races were not planned. Once I got up early on Saturday morning when we lived in Wardell about 7-miles outside of my home town Richlands, Va. I drove to the Creeper Trail about 1-hour away to do a longer run. (A first time 5k was getting ready to start in about 20 or 30-minutes). I knew the woman from running who put it on and she asked me to run. Moral of my story - I ditched my goal long-run, and with God's help won the race. My second of only 2 road race wins. Sometimes unplanned can really pay off. Havr a great day Bruce, & God Bless All "You & Your Wife" do....
Jimmy.... My 3rd goal 10-miles tomorrow. My 3rd Saturday in a row - PRAY!!!! I'll PRAY for you too.
Sounds like the kind of run I need -no watch or worries about pace. Thanks for the post about sleep deprivation, I think I may fall victim to this lately. Time to get caught up!
Remember when we first started running and we didn't know anything at all...no garmins, no pace, no "have to's"
Just run for the sheer love of it...those were the best runs....
Running unplugged-a great way to get back in touch with the joy of just running!
Post a Comment