Thursday, February 21, 2008

Yup, Cross-Training AGAIN!

Daily Quote: "Concerts deplete me; running energizes me." --CARTER BREY, PRINCIPAL CELLIST, NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC

I'm still sore from yesterday's Long Run of 18 miles, tempted to take a complete day of rest, until I stepped on the weight scale and noticed my weight hasn't bulged...back to cross-training again!

10:00 a.m. Warm-up, 10 minutes on the elliptical machine. Weight circuit training, 25 minutes. I did another three pullups, but today my form was much better.

I quickly followed the weight circuit training with the Cross-Training Workout #2, Mode 2, as written in the book, "Runner's World, Run Less, Run Faster," pg 106-07.

Stationary cycling (50 minutes) Workout: 10 minutes easy spinning as a warm-up, 15 minutes moderate to hard, 5 minutes easy; 15 minutes moderate to hard, 5 minutes easy as recovery; all with cadence of about 95 to 100 rpm. Funny how my legs are sore from running, yet the cycling doesn't appear to be affected, undoubted because cycling uses different muscles.

Today is my fifth day in a row of not eating any red meat...interestingly, I don't miss red meat at all. I'm gradually changing my diet to healthier fare.

1 comment:

Topher said...

Just found your blog on a link on another runner's blog. Looks like you're close to running Boston; good luck these last couple of weeks!

I was just wondering if there are any good running trails near the Strip; I'm going to be there on business starting next week, and have heard running the actual strip isn't the best. If you have any suggestions, feel free to comment on my blog. I'd appreciate the "insider's scoop" on running in Vegas.

Topher
www.illrunfordonuts.blogspot.com