Daily Quote: "Road Racing is rock'n'roll; track is Carnegie Hall." --MARTY LIQUORI, MUSICIAN AND ONETOME RECORD HOLDER FOR THE AMERICAN MEN'S 2K, 5K, AND 2 MILES.
Another day of cross-training this weekend, although I would rather be on the roads as the weather is fantastic, partly cloudy, 67 degrees, with a little breeze!
11:45 a.m. Warm-up, 10 minutes on the elliptical machine. Weight circuit training, 25 minutes. Lifted weight primarily on the circuit machines, with the exception of my chest, shoulders, biceps and triceps, which I worked with dumbbells. I'm planning on doing chin-ups this coming week, as a teenager I couldn't do even one chin-up and would like to challenge myself.
I quickly followed the weight circuit training with the Cross-Training Workout #2, Mode 2, as written in the book, "Runner's World, Run Less, Run Faster," pg 106-07. My ankles are feeling so much better since I've been experimenting with FIRST Training Program, the extra rest and cross-training is doing wonders with my recuperation.
Stationary cycling (50 minutes) Workout: 10 minutes easy spinning as a warm-up, 15 minutes moderate to hard, 5 minutes easy; 15 minutes moderate to hard, 5 minutes easy as recovery; all with cadence of about 95 to 100 rpm. Watched ESPN on the television screen as I watched bowling...inspired me to do well with my own bowling tonight in the Bishop Gorman League!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment