Sunday, February 3, 2008

Cross-Training Workout #2, Mode 6

Daily Quote: "Goals are about the lightest thing you have to travel with." --Josh Ritter, Singer-Songwriter

10:00 a.m. Warm-up: 10 minutes on rowing machine. Weight Circuit Training. Cool-down: 10 minutes on elliptical.

Today is going to be different as I'll be adding swimming to my mix of cross-training as suggested in the book, "Runner's World, Run less, Run Faster," pg 108.

Cross-training Workout #2 Mode 6: Swam 8 lengths. Followed immediately by kicking 2 lengths. Rest 1 minute. Repeated this sequence five times. The fifth time at 5 lengths was too tough as I was breathing heavily to the point of gasping, therefore I flipped over and finished with a backstroke.

I really need to swim more and perfect my technique. I'll also need to replace my goggles as the head band was so brittle it broke off during the middle of the swim...that'll teach me not to leave my swimming gear in the car's trunk throughout the year and the hot summer months.

No comments: