Daily Quote: "When runners complain of overuse injuries, it's a safe bet they're running on roads." --Adam Chase, Coauthor of the "The Ultimate Guide to Trail Running."
Today's workout is a Tempo run as scheduled in "Runner's World, Run Less, Run Faster book.
Tempo Run. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% grade. Warm-up: 1 mile @ 6.0 mph (10 minute miles). Tempo: 5 miles @ 7.7 mph (7:48 minute miles). Average heart rate: 162 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 179 bpm. Note: my maximum heart rate is 190 bpm. I felt strong today and no longer have sore legs from last week's Long Run.
11 WEEKS UNTIL BOSTON MARATHON REPORT, JANUARY 28 - FEBRUARY 3, 2008
Finished fifth week of Boston Marathon training and ran a total of 30 miles. I'm still following the guidelines of "FIRST Training Program" as explained in "Runner's World, Run Less, Run Faster" book and with the exception of not finishing the crosstraining swimming portion as scheduled, I did continued with the running portion exactly as written! I am now doing my Long Runs on the roads rather than the treadmill, and my upper legs were very sore, fortunately the soreness was temporary and was able to continue marathon training two days later.
I'm now 175 pounds on a six foot frame and was able to lose one pound last week. I have a long way to go with my weight loss and so little time left before the marathon.
I've completed three weight circuit training sessions last week. I'm now using free weights for biceps, triceps, chest and shoulders rather than the usual machine workouts, I'm still using machines for the other muscle groupings.
I slept well every night last week with at least seven hours of sleep. My morning heart rates have remained low, 38-41 bpm, which hasn't changed in over a month of training...undoubtedly only running three days a week doesn't put too much stress on my body.
A short recap of last week's training:
Monday: Tempo Run, 6 miles.
Tuesday: Cross-training, weight circuits and stationary cycling.
Wednesday: Long Run, 18 miles.
Thursday: REST DAY.
Friday: Intervals, 6 miles.
Saturday: Cross-training, weight circuits and stationary cycling.
Sunday: Cross-training, rowing machine, weights, and swimming.
Total weekly mileage: 30 miles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment