Daily Quote: "I'm a night runner. I don't want to see how far I have to go. And I like to have the street to myself." --JEFF CORWIN, HOW OF CORWIN'S QUEST
I've been hungering for a race due to all the current speed drills and went to the Las Vegas Track Club site for a short race in March. I've found a fun 5k race that close to home, "Run Away With Cirque Du Soleil 5K," at the Spring Reserve on Saturday, March 29th. The race looks like fun and has warm-up with Cirque du Soleil employees, music by band members of Cirque du Soleil, entertainment by Cirque du Soleil performers, massage therapy, as well as face painting and a circus play area for children. This will be a first race at the Spring Perserve and it's probably on dirt and gravel trails, which will make it my very first trail race as well.
Early Morning, after work, 2:15 a.m. Warm-up: 10 minutes on rowing machine. Weight Circuit Training. Cool-down: 10 minutes on elliptical. I haven't used the rower in a couple of weeks and my arms feel like putty.
Later Morning, after sleeping seven hours, 10:00 a.m. Today's cross-training workout is called, "Cross-Training Workout #2, Mode 1," and trained exactly stated in the book, "Runner's World Run Less, Run Faster:"
Stationary cycling (45 Minutes)
Workout: 10 minutes easy spinning as a warm-up, alternate resistance between PE level of 4 (Level 4 is Hard. Noticeable increase in breathing; difficult to talk in full sentences.) for 1 minutes with 4 minutes of fast spinning at a PE level of 1 (Level 1 is Easy. No increase in breathing rate; can go all day.) Repeat this six times. Finish with 5 minutes easy as a cool-down. I feel very tired now, but I'm looking forward to my 20-miler tomorrow as the weather is going to be perfect!! My available time will be tight and I may not be able to have time to post the Long Run in this blog until Thursday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment