Daily Quote: "Mind is everything: muscle--pieces of rubber. All that I am because of my mind." --Paavo Nurmi, Winner of 12 Olympic Medals.
No strong winds today and would be perfect for a day of running; currently it's partly cloudy, 52 degrees, and absolutely no winds!! Unfortunately, today is my cross-training day and I went to the gym, but I do have tomorrow's Long Run as to take advantage of the perfect weather.
Early Morning, after work, 2:15 a.m. Warm-up: 10 minutes on rowing machine. Weight Circuit Training. Cool-down: 10 minutes on elliptical. I'm getting hooked on the rowing machine as I'm showing much improvement in my technique and speed.
Later Morning, after sleeping eight hours, 12:20 p.m. Today's cross-training workout is called, "Cross-Training Workout #2, Mode 1," and trained exactly stated in the book, "Runner's World Run Less, Run Faster:"
Stationary cycling (45 Minutes)
Workout: 10 minutes easy spinning as a warm-up, alternate resistance between PE level of 4 (Level 4 is Hard. Noticeable increase in breathing; difficult to talk in full sentences.) for 1 minutes with 4 minutes of fast spinning at a PE level of 1 (Level 1 is Easy. No increase in breathing rate; can go all day.) Repeat this six times. Finish with 5 minutes easy as a cool-down. I kept looking longingly outside the gym's windows at the beautiful weather...sometimes this "FIRST Training Program" really sucks as I miss my daily runs. I'm looking forward to my 20-miler tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment