Daily Quote: "This may not be my fastest marathon, but it will be my most special." --MARK BUCIAK, ON RUNNING HIS 27TH BOSTON MARATHON 11 WEEKS AFTER OPEN-HEART SURGERY
The weather in Las Vegas is fantastic today; 72 degrees, sunny with no winds, unfortunately I'm back to cross-training on the upright stationary bike and also doing the weight circuit training...I really miss running every day and can hardly wait to finish my experiment with the FIRST Training Program (only running three quality runs per week) and the upcoming Boston Marathon so I can return to high mileage training.
10:45 a.m. Warm-up, 10 minutes on the elliptical machine. Weight circuit training, 30 minutes. Lifted weight primarily on the circuit machines, with the exception of my chest, shoulders, biceps and triceps, which I worked with dumbbells. I also completed three reps of chin-ups and hope to increase them to four reps this coming week.
I quickly followed the weight circuit training with the Cross-Training Workout #2, Mode 2, as written in the book, "Runner's World, Run Less, Run Faster," pg 106-07. This is my favorite cross-training routine from the book! I should try something different next time so my body doesn't get too accustomed to the same exercise.
Stationary cycling (50 minutes) Workout: 10 minutes easy spinning as a warm-up, 15 minutes moderate to hard, 5 minutes easy; 15 minutes moderate to hard, 5 minutes easy as recovery; all with cadence of about 95 to 100 rpm. I ignored the gym's television and zoned out on my thoughts today.
Our bowling team, "One Wonders," won all four games tonight at the Bishop Gorman League, which meets at the Gold Coast Bowling Lanes!! I was able to bowl over my average in all of my games. My team member, Mary Ely, is doing fantastic and was bowling way over her average with her new bowling ball, she was key to our winning so convincingly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Bruce,
I believe the FIRST program allows you to do a nice easy run in lieu of one of the cross-training sessions.
Two months to go! You are doing great!
Charlie
Post a Comment