Daily Quote: "You can outdistance that which is running after you, but not what is running inside you." --Rwandan Proverb
Yesterday visited the gym and swam for 30 minutes as well as pampering myself in the sauna and whirlpool. Normally on the weekends I would take at least one day off for total rest, but this weekend I'll keep pushing as to lose some extra weight. My weight is still 174 pounds and my body is very comfortable at this weight, I'll need to push harder if I wish to lose additional weight. Exercise is just one component of losing weight and unfortunately I ate too many junk calories this weekend.
Today is another Cross-training day! 10:30 a.m. Warm-up, 10 minutes on the elliptical machine. Weight circuit training, 25 minutes. I couldn't complete the shoulder press machine, my arms just couldn't do it, had to settle for 9 reps rather than the usual 12 reps...the shoulder press is still my toughest exercise. Perhaps swimming yesterday had exhausted those muscles that I use on the shoulder press? Maybe next time I do weight circuit training I'll decrease the weights by five pounds as to complete the set and avoid the possiblity of hurting myself.
Cross-Training workout #1, mode 3. Life Fitness Cycle: Total time 45 minutes. WORKOUT: 5 minutes easy as a warm-up; increased cadence to 100+ rpm and maintain that cadence for 30 minutes (because of the faster cadence, the effort level will be 3 on the perceived effort scale) Note: Effort Level 3 is Moderate to Hard with a noticeable increase in breathing. Followed by 10 minutes of easy running after as a cool-down. My ankles feel good today and hopefully ready for tomorrow's Tempo Run.
I did well bowling tonight and was over my average for two games, which wasn't easy as my new bowling average is now 161.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment