Friday, February 22, 2008

Dazed and Confused.

Daily Quote: "If the hill has its own name, then it's probably a pretty tough hill." --MARTY STERN, FIVE-TIME WINNING COACH FOR NCAA MEN'S CROSS-COUNTRY

The above quote reminds me that I need to do some hill training next week for Boston's Heartbreak Hill and the Newton Hills!

Today's speed-work is from "Runner's World, Run Less, Run Faster" Boston Qualifying Training Program for a 3:40 time (pg 235).

20 minute warm-up.
2 x (6 x 400m @ 1:39) (1:30 RI)
(2:30 RI between sets)
10 minute cool-down.

Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% Grade. Average heart rate: 172 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 187 bpm. (Note my maximum heart rate is 190 bpm.)

I was in such oxygen debt I had problems keeping track what repetition I was at before the next set...I was getting confused and forced myself to calculate via the mill's console the time that I've already ran divided by 1:39 reps...not easy in my dazed condition.

Barely enough time to take a shower and a quick lunch before leaving for work, which is another stressful 12-hour night driving a Checker Cab in Vegas' notorious traffic.

TGIF!!!

2 comments:

AddictedToEndorphins said...

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger! :)

Charlie said...

You will be surprised at what you can do in your next short race! Those intervals really build you up!

Nice work Bruce!
Charlie