Daily Quote: "It doesn't matter what your 10-k time is or how fast I've run the marathon. The experience is what matters, and experience is basically the same for all of us. An exercse physioogist can essentially 'prove' that a 4-hour marathoner 'works harder' than a 2-hour marathoner, even though it seems ludicrous to say this about the slower runner. But when differnt runners begin talking about a marathon, or any other running, they realize they've been through essentially the same thing. A true runner understands this." --Amby Burfoot, from his insightful book, "The Runner's Guide to the Meaning of Life."
I truly respect those who race any distance no matter how fast or slow, I can easily see the effort and hard work they put into the race, which is the major reason I read so many blogs as to draw inspiration and motivation from every runner.
I arrived late to work yesterday, therefore I worked a little over 2:00 a.m. and started my early morning run later.
2:35 a.m. After work. Recovery Run. Out and back on Decatur Boulevard, which has busier traffic and intersections, but is well lighted... Cool, 59 degrees, little wind, 6 miles. Time, 56:24. Pace, 9:24 minute miles. Average heart rate: 142 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 144 bpm. I had to cross the street at Flamingo Road to continue my run as to avoid three mean looking dogs. I'm fortunate that I've never been attacked by a dog, and would like to keep it that way.
Slept 7 1/2 hours. Morning heart rate was 40 bpm. Ate my routine breakfast of oatmeal topped with blueberries, which never seems to grow old.
11:00 a.m. General Aerobic Run. 8 miles. Time, 1:15. Pace, 9:22 minute miles. Out and back on Charleston Boulevard. Cooler, 60-63 degrees with winds north at 5 mph. I no longer have lower back pain that had afflicted me after my Long Run on Monday. My whole body feels well rested with no aches nor pain. I should be o.k. for a longer run tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment