Daily Quote: "Sometimes my main reason for running is to simply to see where my brain will go while my body is meandering through the local trails or roadways. It can never be predicted, and it's always a surprise." --Amby Burfoot, from his insightful book, "The Runner's Guide to the Meaning of Life."
I find that my brain is more creative during those easy Recovery Runs, where I'm not pressured with maintaining a strong pace nor pushing myself through the longer runs. I don't carry music when I run as it would distract me from my inner voice. Lately I've read some interesting news about the pluses of listening to music when running, but I'll stick with my unencumbered self.
I won't be running any "doubles" today as I'm still in Recovery Week. Today I won't be wearing a watch, Garmin, nor heart rate monitor, which I had done last week with great success.
9:00 a.m. Recovery Run. 6 miles. Approximately 55 minutes. Clear, 67 degrees, with no wind. Out-and-back on Torrey Pines Road that partially traverses the Las Vegas Marathon route. I've ran this six-miler so often I don't even need Garfield (my nickname for my Garmin Forerunner). I was breathing easily and was in "conversational pace." I allowed my mind to wonder! Had many fruitful thoughts regarding chess (advanced variation of the French Defence, Wade Variation), my job (Checker Cab Company and the current contract negotiations), the beautiful weather and how fortunate I am for no longer living in Michigan! Life is good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
aw, poor Garfield, getting left home alone! lol
Post a Comment