Daily Quote: ""The will to win means nothing if you haven't the will to prepare." - - Juma Ikangaa, 1989 NYC Marathon winner
Today is a Recovery Run.
7 miles. Time, 1:07 Pace, 9.40 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill on the cardio training mode setting where the elevation automatically changes to keep my heart rate at a constant 144 bpm (75% of maximum heart rate). Treadmill speed set at 6.2 mph. Elevation changes: 2.2 - 2.9 grades. Run felt very easy and I have tremendous energy, I'm bursting with excitement AND trepidation for tomorrow's 10k race!!
My last 10k race personal best is 55:47 that was set in 2004, "Come Run in the Sun 10k," and believe that time result is very soft now. Based on the result from my last race, "2007 Salt Lake City Half Marathon," the prediction for tomorrow's 10k is 49:33 (from Running Times Race Time Equivalent Calculator), which is a 7:59 minute pace. Therefore my race goal tomorrow is to beat that 49:33 time and achieve a new personal best!
I had no weight training circuit today as I'm tapering for the race; will return to weight training on Sunday.
I'll be leaving soon to pick up my Race Packet, small lunch, and then head for work.
Race starts at 6:00 a.m. and will post my result later in the morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Good luck Bruce! I know you are going to do amazing. Com'on what's the super secret goal that your not telling 49 minutes? You got that in the bag.
Post a Comment