Wednesday, August 1, 2007

No Tempo Run This Week


Daily Quote: "I'm going to go out a winner if I have to find a high school race to win my last race." --Johnny Gray

No tempo runs this week as I'm in the middle of my Recovery Week. Today will be a General Aerobic Run.

General Aerobic Run.
9 miles. Time, 1:21 Pace, 9:06 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at 6.6 mph with a 1% grade. Average heart rate: 144 bpm (73% of MHR). Cardiac Drift: 153 bpm (77% of MHR). Spent too much time on the computer and decided a cut-back of 9 miles would be sufficient for a General Aerobic Run that's in the middle of a Recovery Week.

Although I ran a General Aerobic Run today my thoughts were on next week's speed work. I should run a race specific 10k interval workout for my upcoming 10k race. I haven't ran a 10k race in such a long time I'm not sure what my goal pace should be, I have plenty of time to decide before next Wednesday's speed work. I only have 16 days left before the Police and Fire Department 10k race!!


No comments: