Thursday, August 30, 2007

Recovery + Weights = Strength

Daily Quote: " It's not what or how much training you do, but how well you recover from the training you do do. And if you don't recover properly, if you end up with anemia or fatigue or injuries, then you're in deep doo-doo." --Dr. David Martin.

Did not do doubles today as I'm still in Recovery Week, but I did do Weight Circuit Training that went very well and a Recovery Run. I feel so strong and fit I'm burstin' at the seams!

Today is a Recovery Run.
Recovery Run. 7 miles. Time, 1:07 Pace, 9.40 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill on the cardio training mode setting where the elevation automatically changes to keep my heart rate at a constant 144 bpm (75% of maximum heart rate). Treadmill speed set at 6.2 mph. Elevation changes: 2.3 - 2.9 grades. Today's musical guest on my CD Player is Buddy Holly's "The Best of Buddy Holly" CD. Hard to believe that this coming Sunday I'll be starting marathon training again for the "New Las Vegas Marathon." Where did the time go???

2 comments:

Tall Girl Running said...

Hey Bruce, loved the comment for the day. Pretty much says it like it is, huh?

Best of luck as you embark on your next adventure!

robison52 said...

Thanks Angie! It's going to be an interesting adventure!