Daily Quote: "To a runner, a side stich is like a car alarm. It signifies something is wrong, but you ignore it until it goes away." --Author Unknown
Early AM (before sleep)
Easy Run. 5 miles, Time, 47:40. Pace, 9:40 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% grade and 6.2 mph. Average heart rate: 140 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 143 bpm. After run did a full body weight circuit routine. No more weight workouts until after my race on Saturday as I need all the recovery I can get! Rushed home afterwards for much needed sleep.
Later AM (after sleeping 8 1/2 hours)
Recovery Run. 7 miles. Time, 1:07 Pace, 9.40 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill on the cardio training mode setting where the elevation automatically changes to keep my heart rate at a constant 144 bpm (75% of maximum heart rate). Treadmill speed set at 6.2 mph. Elevation changes: 2.2 - 3.1 grades. No aches nor pain, hopefully my body has recovered enough as tomorrow I'll be attempting a Long Run. Normally I would do a Long Run on Friday, but I have a 10k race on Saturday morning at 6:00 a.m. It's going to be a very crazy week!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment