Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Weight a Minute!

Daily Quote: "I always say if the marathon is a part-time interest, you will only get part-time results." --Bill Rodgers

No doubles today as this is a Recovery Week.

I did a full body weight circuit training before my run. Normally I would do weight lifting after work with a short easy run, then I would sleep (I drive a cab from 2:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m.) Today I did my weights when I awoke and what a big difference! The weights actually felt lighter and easier to lift!! No doubt when I lift weights after work I'm in a fatigue state and my weight lifting suffers for it. In the future I should do my weight circuit training after I awake instead of after work.

Today is a Recovery Run.
Recovery Run. 7 miles. Time, 1:07 Pace, 9.40 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill on the cardio training mode setting where the elevation automatically changes to keep my heart rate at a constant 144 bpm (75% of maximum heart rate). Treadmill speed set at 6.2 mph. Elevation changes: 2.4 - 2.9 grades. I listened to Avril Lavigne's "Let Go" CD again as I forgot to change CD's. Run felt very easy, but the grades are getting steeper, should raise speed in the future so my Recovery Run doesn't become a hill workout.

No comments: