Daily Quote: "Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired." --Jules Renard
Today is a Recovery Run.
7 miles. Time, 1:07 Pace, 9.40 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill on the cardio training mode setting where the elevation automatically changes to keep my heart rate at a constant 144 bpm (75% of maximum heart rate). Treadmill speed set at 6.2 mph. Elevation changes: 2.0 - 2.4 grades. Slept hard last night and took a long nap later today. Finally ran and was surprised I didn't have any aches nor pain...not even a blister from yesterday's 10k Race. Makes me wonder if I didn't push myself hard enough during the race?!?
SUMMARY FOR WEEK OF AUGUST 19-25, 2007
Finished second week of 4 week training block (I will increase my mileage each week during the first three weeks and use the fourth week for recovery). Last week ran a total of 83.2 miles, which is the longest weekly mileage this year!! I am very close to surpassing my longest weekly mileage of 84 miles that was set last November during marathon training. I managed to even run the Police and Fire Department 10k race with little tapering and still set a 10 personal record of 50:19!! Last week was indeed memorable.
I only worked out twice with the weight circuit training as I was tapering for the 10k race, but will continue next week with working out three times per week with weights.
I'm still 170 pounds on a six foot frame, my body seems to be very comfortable at this weight and will take some extra effort to lose more weight. I still have eight pounds to lose to reach my race weight goal of 162 pounds.
My morning heart rates have been fairly low, 40-44 bpm, and should be able to continue adding more mileage to my base training next week. Most of the nights I've slept pretty well, with the exception of Friday night when I only achieved three hours of sleep as I had to awake at 5:00 a.m. to arrive at the 10k race by 6:00 a.m., but Saturday afternoon after the race took a three hour nap.
Only 15 weeks until the "New Las Vegas Marathon!" After I finish this training block in two weeks I'll start my marathon training.
A short recap of last week's mileage:
Sunday: Medium-Long Run, 15 miles.
Monday: Doubles, Early AM, 5 miles. Later AM, 7 miles.
Tuesday: Long Run, 20 miles.
Wednesday: Doubles, Early AM, 5 miles. Later AM, 7 miles.
Thursday: General Aerobic Run, 11 miles.
Friday: Recovery Run, 7 miles.
Saturday: 10k Race, 6.2 miles.
Total mileage: 83.2 miles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment