Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Return of Doubles!

Daily Quote: "[Scientific testing] can't determine how the mind will tolerate pain in a race. Sometimes, I say, "Today I can die." -- Gelindo Bordin

The last time I ran doubles was on July 24th. This week I'll run just one double, but next week plan to add a second double run to my training schedule!

Early AM (before bedtime) Easy Run. 5 miles, Time, 47:40. Pace, 9:40 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% grade and 6.2 mph. Average heart rate: 139 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 142 bpm. After run did a full body weight circuit routine. Body was very tired, once I came home I literally collapsed on the bed.

Later AM (after seven hours of sleep) Recovery Run. 7 miles. Time, 1:07 Pace, 9.40 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill on the cardio training mode setting where the elevation automatically changes to keep my heart rate at a constant 144 bpm (75% of maximum heart rate). Treadmill speed set at 6.2 mph. Elevation changes: 2.2 - 3.1 grades. I've surpassed my elevation limit of 3.0 grade, will need to increase my speed to 6.3 mph for recovery runs using the treadmill's cardio mode as I don't wish my runs to end up as a hill workout. My music companion today is Gwen Stefani's appropriately named CD called, "The Sweet Escape." The music was indeed an escape!

No comments: