Friday, August 24, 2007

Tough Long Run

Daily Quote: "My whole feeling in terms of racing is that you have to be very bold. You sometimes have to be aggressive and gamble." --Bill Rodgers

Today's Long Run will be difficult as I'm suffering from allergies, will need to pick up a box of Claritin at the drug store tomorrow.

Long Run.
20 miles. Time, 3:02. Pace, 9:08 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% grade and 6.6 mph. Average heart rate: 150 bpm. Cardiac Drift 156 bpm. Drank a large bottle of Gatorade every three miles during the run. My allergies made running tough for the first two miles, than the symptoms disappeared. I felt a blister develop on my smallest toe during the last mile, but later discovered the blister wasn't too bad and shouldn't cause any problems. Once I finish next week's Base Building Block, my Long Runs will eventually have a few miles at marathon pace. My musical companion today was the Beatles "Revolver" CD and in my opinion the best album the Beatles produced!

Yesterday, my fellow cab driver and marathoner, Glenn, asked if I could pace him during the first half of the Las Vegas Marathon around 1:55 as he wishes to run his very first sub 4 hour marathon. I had stated to him that I'll be running the Las Vegas Marathon at 8:00 minute miles and he could join me at that pace. We didn't have time to chat as he had to leave the airport holding area to pick up a fare; I wanted to tell him that the marathon has pace groups he could join...all he has to do is follow the leader's balloon. It's nice to have someone I know that's running the Las Vegas Marathon too and really wish him well on his sub 4 hour quest.

No comments: