Monday, August 6, 2007

Music to My Ears

Daily Quote: “Hot funk, cold punk, even if it's old junk, it's still rock and roll to me." --Billy Joel

I dug out my trusty, old, Sony portable CD player out of my work's backpack and hooked it to the gym's treadmill today. The last two weeks I've been running without music, but I don't want to repeat yesterday's downer run due to the invasion of negative thoughts, hence I'm prepared to blast my mind with the heavy sounds of rock and roll! Today's musical partner is Coldplay's "X&Y" music.

Today is a Medium Long Run.
15 Miles. Time 2:17. Pace, 9:08 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% grade and 6.6 mph. Average heart rate: 152 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 161 bpm. The music was very helpful during these longer runs, my mind is thankful! I felt like I had a bouncy step during the first part of my run because of the music....I've been delivered.

2 comments:

Allen said...

It's interesting that your medium run would be my long run. Shows the relative conditions of our bodies....

robison52 said...

It took me awhile to eventually reach this distance, your long run distance is great for half marathons!