Daily Quote: “Congratulate yourself. This is the Olympic marathon for most marathoners. So pick out the spot where you’re going to celebrate with your friends that night.” --Bill Rodgers comment about the Boston Marathon.
Today will be my attempt to do TWO doubles in one week! The last several weeks I have done one double per week, this is my first time for the year that I will run two doubles, in fact this is the first time I've ran doubles twice in the same week ever!
Early AM (before bedtime)
Easy Run. 5 miles, Time, 47:40. Pace, 9:40 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% grade and 6.2 mph. Average heart rate: 139 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 142 bpm. Legs still feel a little heavy and stiff from yesterday's 20 miler, but no aches nor pain. Normally I would do a full body weight circuit routine after my early morning workout...but no weight training for the remainder of the week as I'm allowing my upper body to recover before the 10k race on Saturday.
Later AM (after sleeping 8 hours)
Recovery Run. 7 miles. Time, 1:07 Pace, 9.40 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill on the cardio training mode setting where the elevation automatically changes to keep my heart rate at a constant 144 bpm (75% of maximum heart rate). Treadmill speed set at 6.2 mph. Elevation changes: 2.1 - 2.8 grades. It was a real struggle driving to the gym, I just didn't feel like moving, not alone running! Purely mind over body today, once the legs started running I was in the zone and felt fine. My music companion today is Bob Dylan's "Modern Man" CD. I'm now heading to bed for an hour nap before working.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Cranking out the miles as usual I see. You are going to smash your 10K record. Good luck this weekend!
Post a Comment