Sunday, August 5, 2007

Last Four Week Training Cycle

Quote: ""I've always felt that long, slow distance produces long, slow runners." --Sebastian Coe

This is the first day of my last four week foundation building training cycle. Once this base building is finished in four weeks, I'll then begin my marathon training for the New Las Vegas Marathon. The marathon training schedules will be from Pete Pfitzinger's book, "Advanced Marathoning." I had used Pfitzinger's marathon schedule last year with great success and hope to do well this year with even more mileage and commonsense hard/easy method of training.

Today is a General Aerobic Run.
10 miles. Time, 1:26. Overall pace, 8:36 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at 1% grade. First eight miles at 6.6 mph pace, the last two miles at 7.5 mph (marathon pace) Average heart rate: 149 bpm (77% of MHR). Cardiac Drift: 157 bpm (84% of MHR). Running is often my escape from reality for awhile, but today all I could think of was all the chores and errands that needed to be done today, which made my running less pleasant.

No comments: