Daily Quote: "The secret to productive goal setting is in establishing clearly defined goals, writing them down and then focusing on them several times a day with words, pictures and emotions as if we've already achieved them." — Denis Waitley
Today I ran "Doubles" where I ran twice during the day.
Early AM (before bedtime)
Easy Run. 5 miles, Time, 47:40. Pace, 9:40 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% grade and 6.2 mph. Average heart rate: 137 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 140 bpm. After run I completed a full body weight circuit. My left wrist became very sore after lifting weights on the shoulder press machine...I wonder if I should invest in weight lifting gloves?
Later AM (after sleeping 7 hours)
Recovery Run. 7 miles. Time, 1:07 Pace, 9.40 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill on the cardio training mode setting where the elevation automatically changes to keep my heart rate at a constant 144 bpm (75% of maximum heart rate). Treadmill speed set at 6.2 mph. Elevation changes: 2.0 - 2.7 grades.
Discovered at the gym that my Sony Walkman CD Player's batteries were dead...leaving the Walkman in the trunk kills the batteries due to Vegas summer heat, I need to remember to bring the Walkman inside the home after working out. No music today was not a big deal as my run was short, but it would have been difficult with no music during a Long Run.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment