Sunday, August 26, 2007

Last Week of Base Building

Daily Quote: “This sport is the sport to see what you are made of, so use those expert's advice, but be free to be your own champion runner, picking and choosing advice you enjoy and that works best for you.” --Bill Rodgers

Today is the start of my Recovery Week and the last week of my Base Building Phase; next week starts my Marathon Training Phase. I've built a large foundation this year for my upcoming marathon training for the "New Las Vegas Marathon" in December, hopefully my base building this summer will also overlap for the "2008 Boston Marathon" as well.

This Recovery Week couldn't happen at a better time as a huge convention will be in town this week, M.A.G.I.C. (Men's Apparel Guild In California), which is approximately 140,000 conventioners! I'm going to be one busy cab driver!!

Today is a Recovery Day.
7 miles. Time, 1:07 Pace, 9.40 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill on the cardio training mode setting where the elevation automatically changes to keep my heart rate at a constant 144 bpm (75% of maximum heart rate). Treadmill speed set at 6.2 mph. Elevation changes: 2.2 - 2.9 grades. Body feels strong, no aches nor pain and mentally feeling recharged for the upcoming stressful work week. Driving 12-hours non-stop everyday for the next five days is something of a marathon in itself!

Tonight is the first night of "Bishop Gorman Bowling League" at the Gold Coast Hotel & Casino. I'm pretty nervous about bowling as I rarely practiced bowling this summer. My average will be the same as last spring, which is about 136 average, would be nice to raise my average to at least 150. I'm always pushing myself in all areas of my life.

No comments: