Daily Quote: "Marathons are like that, they expose any weakness you might have. It just went bad for me the last couple miles. I am not the runner I once was mentally. I lacked the mental fortitude. I have been burning the candle at too many ends. You can't run like I did and expect a good finish. Everything has to go just right. It was an experience, not a great experience, but that's the beauty of the marathon," Bodnar added. "It can almost kill you or you can reap the glory. You never know what you're going to get that day." --Jason Bodnar who faded after a fast start to finish in 2:32 at the Boston Marathon.
My friend and fellow cab driver, Glenn Meltzer, ran the San Francisco Marathon last Sunday and accomplished a 4:14:44. I know he wanted to run a sub four hour marathon, and he was on track during the half with a 2:00:18, I wonder what went wrong? Like the above quote says, "you never know what you're going to get that day." Looking forward to chatting with Glenn about his race.
This week is my Recovery Week and won't be doing any Doubles today, just a Recovery Run.
Recovery Run.
6 miles. Time, 58 minutes. Pace, 9.40 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill on the cardio training mode setting where the elevation automatically changes to keep my heart rate at a constant 144 bpm (75% of maximum heart rate). Treadmill speed set at 6.2 mph. Elevation changes: 2.1 - 1.8 grades. Lower stomach muscle that was sore yesterday is much better, at least I can run with no problems, but I'm doubtful about doing crunches this week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment