Friday, January 23, 2009

Running in the Rain!!

Daily Quote: React kindly to mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes. When that happens, avoid falling into the traps of shame and guilt. --Nonprofit weight loss education group "Taking off Pounds Sensibly."

12:15 a.m. After work last night visited my gym (24 Hour Fitness on Alta/Rainbow) and did two sets of the weight circuit training. My right wrist is no longer sore!! I feel that my whole body is back to normal as my right knee has been painless for two weeks now, nevertheless, I'll continue my cautious and slow approach to my training.

It's raining in Las Vegas!!! I can count the number of times I've ran in the rain on one hand. Today's run in light rain is a very special treat!

8:00 a.m. 4 miles. Out and back on Lindell Road. Time, 38:30. Overall pace: 9:37 minute miles.. Light rain, 47 degrees, Wind SSW at 3 mph. Average heart rate: 142 bpm. (Note, my maximum heart rate is 190 bpm) I ran cautiously as the roads were wet and slick, but what a fantastic feeling as the air was crisp and clean, what an invigorating run!

It's going to be a tough night driving a cab tonight, most Vegans act like it's a disaster out there as many are crashing into each other.

3 comments:

The Running Bob said...

Unseasonably warm and now rainy here as well! I finished the P.F. Chang's 1/w Marathon with good results which really has me looking forward to this season.

Side note: Surprisingly, my SWAG bag didn't have any mention of the Vegas Marathon which they recently acquired. Hopefully, the race is still on.

WendyBird said...

Heck, everyone gets in accidents there if three people spit out the window at the same time. Real rain will be a mess! Glad you had a good run, but watch out for the crazies on the road!

greentigress said...

oh running in the rain is great! What a great treat for you as it is so very rare!!!!