Daily Quote: "It's very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit."- George Sheehan
11:00 a.m. Today is my rest day from running, but I still accomplished a weight circuit session at my gym (24-Hour Fitness on Rainbow and Alta) where I did my typical two set, 15 repetitions session with the weight circuit training machines, and then jumped in the pool and swam for approximately 30 minutes. I haven't swam since December and was a great change of pace.
Summary: January 19-25, 2009
Last week ran six days for a total of 26 miles! Eventually I'll be running seven days a week, but not quite yet and not next week. I suffered no aches nor pain on right knee and my right wrist no longer hurts!! I feel like my body is now 100% and can slowly add more mileage for my upcoming "Labor of Love 50k Race" on April 25th...only 13 weeks from now!!!
I'm still 179 pounds on a six foot frame and hopefully once my mileage increases my weight will decline.
I accomplished three sessions of weight circuit training last week! My right wrist no longer hurts and I've returned to the same pound weights that I was using before the sprained wrist. I believe my body weight didn't decrease due to the bigger muscles I had developed during last week.
I've continued to get 7-8 hours of sound sleep nightly, my new work hours (12:00 pm - 12:00 am) agree with me and is easier to get enough sleep before work. My morning heart rates are still good, 42-44 bpm, but not as low as last fall's heart rates.
A short recap of last weeks running:
Monday: Easy Run, 4 miles.
Tuesday: Easy Run, 4 miles.
Wednesday: Easy Run, 4 miles + weight circuit training.
Thursday: Easy Run, 4 miles.
Friday: Easy Run, 4 miles + weight circuit training.
Saturday: Easy Run, 6 miles.
Sunday: weight circuit training.
Total weekly mileage: 26 miles.
Next week I plan to increase Wednesday and Saturday's runs, with Saturday eventually being my "Long Run."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey Bruce,
A link was finally posted for Vegas on the San Diego site. Looks like a course change is heading your way.
http://www.rnrvegas.com/
I'm very excited as this will be my wife's first time in Vegas and hopefully her back will be healed in time.
Bob
Awesome Bruce! not that long to go then!
Your quote at the top really hit me today as i was running today knowing that my sister has now started running, (4 hrs drive away) and i know she is faster than me... i was really aware that i will be running a race with her at my pace in 5 weeks!!! So although i am very happy and glad she has got into running outdoors instead of only the gym, i'm still finding my competitive side is feeling a bit sore.
Post a Comment