Daily Quote: "Frank Shorter was able to take on tremendous loads of training while his 1972 Olympic teammate Kenny Moore learned that he performed best using the hard/easy/easy approach. Moore's body required more recovery time than Shorter's. Yet both realized very impressive performances." --Richard Benyo, from his 1992 book, "Making the Marathon Your Event."
Today was a total rest day, no running and no weight lifting.
It's still difficult for me to mentally allow a rest day from running as I enjoy running so very much. Last year before my knee injury I had several running streaks that lasted months without a rest day. This year due to my sore right knee I must take a different approach, I'll be taking more recovery days as well as rest days. Baby steps, baby steps.
My right wrist is still sore from lifting luggage last Wednesday and hopefully will return to weight lifting next week.
What did I do on my total rest day? This morning I visited my favorite bookstore, Border Books, which has a Starbucks and ordered a tall ice green tea. I sat at their outdoor patio (the temperature outside is a beautiful 67 degrees) and read several of my favorite magazines. I didn't freeload reading all the magazines and did purchase, "Bicycling," that teased me with the cover title, "The Get-Lean Issue!" and "New Year, New You, How 5 Cyclists Lost 617 Pounds." How could I resist not buying this issue?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Today is also a total rest day for me (oh wait, thats every day). And the temperature is a beautiful 14 degrees. Tonight we are expecting a balmy 25-35 degrees below zero with the windchill.
Sounds like you had a very relaxing rest day! I love browsing our book store...it is one of my fav things to do when I am without kiddos. :)
Sounds like the perfect rest day. Good for you!
Sounds like such a relaxing day. I miss just relaxing and browsing through my favourite book store. Glad you had a great day, enjoy your new Mag.
I have that issue. Isn't it amazing to read those stories...
Take the time your body needs to recover... YOU know all this!
Post a Comment