Friday, January 30, 2009

Extra Strength

Daily Quote: "It is amazing how much crisper the general experience of life becomes when your body is given a chance to develop a little strength. --Frank Duff, A Coder in Courierland, 03-20-05

This morning after work I did my usual weight circuit training and discovered it was easier as my body is stronger and will need to increase the weights next time!

12:15 a.m. Warmup, 10 minutes on stationary cycle. Weight circuit training, 25 minutes. Cooldown, 10 minutes on elliptical. I was able to avoid my typical junk food snacking after my workout and ate a granola bar instead.

Slept soundly for eight hours. Morning heartrate was 41 bpm. Ate my typical breakfast of cereal, topped with sliced bananas, with low fat milk.

10:00 a.m. 4 miles. Time, 37:28. Overall pace, 9:22 minute miles. Out and back on Lindell Road. Weather, clear, 47 degrees, with no wind. Average heart rate 143 bpm. Cardiac drift 148 bpm. Nice easy and comfortable run, everything seems brighter.

I'm tired, but feeling fantastic! Thank goodness today is Friday and I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend. Ate a chicken-broccoli Lean Pocket and must rush to work.

No comments: