Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Beginning of a Medium-Long Run

Daily Quote: "The biggest seller is cookbooks and the second is diet books - how not to eat what you've just learned how to cook." ~Andy Rooney

Today is Wednesday, which will eventually be my Medium-Long Run day, but today I will increase today's mileage to only six miles.

8:45 a.m. 9:30 6 miles. Time, 57:02. Pace, 9:20 minute miles. Out and back on Torrey Pines Road. (partially traverses the old Las Vegas Marathon route) Partly Clear, 40 degrees, winds north at 3 mph. Again, no aches nor pain, and today will be the last day I'll be wearing my knee strap. Average heart rate 141 bpm. Cardiac drift 145 bpm.

I'm very anxious to get my mileage higher, but must remember baby steps, baby steps...my next big race is the "Labor of Love 50k" on April 25th and I'm concerned I won't have enough miles on my feet for that distance by then.

3 comments:

LIrunner9 said...

Hey there Bruce!

As you say, baby steps, the mileage will come, just keep yourself healthy or you won't be running the Labor of Love:( And remember what you told me when I told you I was running NYC, "it's your first marathon, run to finish, not time" Guess that's why I threw in another Marathon between now and NYC LOL I'll be running the Long Island Marathon on 5/3.

It's your first 50, so run the Labor of Love to finish, I'm sure you'll have the mileage in by then, but don't do things too quickly. You are going to do great during the Labor of Love!!

You posted to my blog today before I recorded todays run. My heartrate numbers were even lower today, after running the exact same 6 mile run I ran yesterday. YEAHHHHHHH!!

Sherri said...

hang in there. like you said. baby steps!

greentigress said...

Hi, off topic, i just spilled tea on my new laptop, after breaking the old one with tea, I was reading blogs so one of the first things i heard was your blog tune 'chariots of fire'.... lol
very uplifting!!!