Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Easy Tuesday

Daily Quote: "The one way to get thin is to re-establish a purpose in life." ~Cyril Connolly, The Unquiet Grave

I remembered how cold I was yesterday morning and dressed more appropriately for today's run, my favorite long sleeve, half-zip, black top that I've worn for several marathons and my coolmax running gloves. I felt as snug as a bug in a rug.

Easy Run, 9:00 a.m. 4 miles. Time, 38:43. Overall Pace, 9:40 minute miles. Out and back on Alta Road (THE bike route to Red Rock Canyon). Partly Clear, 40 degrees, with wind NNW at 22 mph and gusts up to 35 mph! Average heart rate 144 bpm. Cardiac drift 149 bpm. (Note: my maximum heart rate is 190 bpm)

My heart rate was higher than normal, which I attribute to fighting high winds; today's winds will make me stronger if I have to struggle with the periodic Las Vegas Marathon winds (one LV marathon winds were 55+ mph) during the month of December.

1 comment:

Andrew/Dad..+ said...

Keep on Running. God Bless You Is My Prayer. I haven't been able to catch up on my reading as much as possible, but this week or next I'll try to catch up on some of my blogs, ok. I'm glad to see that you are still moving forward, and I pray that all your golas in 2009 are met. (I'm just ran the 30th day of my STREAK yesterday) It's all on my blog when you get time to read it. I haven't forgotten my about you, we've just been struggling with life in general,a dn I haven't been to the library very often. Usually after I check my e-mail and blog I don't have time to read anything, but I hope to change that when we get our taxes in. We hope to get the net hooked up at ome, and hopefully this time we can keep it for good. Take Care, Bruce, and keep inspiring me, okay.... Have a "Great-Week"....