Sunday, January 18, 2009

Summary: January 12-18

Daily Quote: "Use procrastination as an advantage. People who procrastinate as a habit are forced into action by some external deadline. To prompt weight loss, focus on an external deadline, such as a wedding or reunion." ------Nonprofit weight loss education group, "Taking Off Pounds Sensibly"

Today I returned to weight circuit training! My right wrist is much better and attempted to lift weights at the gym today. I started with lighter weights than normal and the only weight stations that gave my right wrist problems was the shoulder press and the tricep pulldown. My plan is to lift weights on Sundays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

My right knee is much improved and had no aches nor soreness on any of my runs last week, nevertheless, my mileage buildup will continue to be slow and cautious.

I was able to lose one pound last week and I'm now 179 pounds on a six foot frame. I know that once my mileage continues to increase I'll eventually reach my ideal racing weight.

My new work hours have helped me maintain a regular sleeping pattern of eight hours of sleep nightly and still awake early enough before work to run. My morning heart rates are a little high, 43-45 bpm, yet still in the good range.

The following is a short recap of last week's training:
Monday: Easy run, 4 miles.
Tuesday: Easy run, 4 miles.
Wednesday: REST DAY.
Thursday: Easy run, 4 miles.
Friday: Easy run, 4 miles.
Saturday: Easy run, 5 miles.
Sunday: Weight circuit training, but no running.
Total weekly mileage: 21 miles.

My plan for next week is to run six days, and Saturday being my long run of six miles. I will continue my weight circuit training on Sunday, Wednesday, and Friday. I will also attempt to lose another pound.

No comments: