Daily Quote: "Combat standard excuses and rationalizations. Proactively silence the good intention vs. discipline debate. Each of us knows the individual excuses that come too easily. Don't lose forward momentum--in advance, be aware of, write down and respond to excuses before they become an issue." ----Nonprofit weight loss education group, "Taking Off Pounds Sensibly"
I find my blog/journal keeps me accountable for my own running and dieting. Would I have been training conservatively because of my knee injury if I didn't write it down? I would look pretty foolish if I didn't take my own advice of "baby steps, baby steps."
Today is an easy five miler, which is the longest run since my injury!
9:30 a.m. 5 miles. Time, 47:55. Pace, 9:35 minute miles. Out and back on Torrey Pines Road. (partially traverses the Las Vegas Marathon route) Another beautiful morning for a run, clear, 51 degrees, winds west at 6 mph. No aches nor pain on right knee!!
Today's five miler was my "Long Run" for the week, next Saturday I'll increase this run to six miles. Tomorrow will be a complete rest day. I may add a sixth day of running this coming week, it all depends what my body is telling me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment