Daily Quote: "Take it one choice and one day at a time. Don't worry about forever. Any change is more manageable and less overwhelming in smaller doses." --Nonprofit weight loss education group "Taking off Pounds Sensibly"
12:15 a.m. After work last night visited my gym (24 Hour Fitness on Alta/Rainbow) and did two sets of the weight circuit training. My right wrist is just a tad sore and lifted lighter weights until I'm back to my usual tonnage. The only weight station that gives my right wrist pain is the shoulder press machine...I'll use five less pounds on it next time, which is Friday.
8:00 a.m. 4 miles. Out and back on Torrey Pines Road (partially traverses the Las Vegas Marathon route). Time, 38:10. Overall pace: 9:32 minute miles. Partly Cloudy, 48 degrees, Wind north at 3 mph. Yawn, another perfect day for running. Average heart rate 146 bpm, Cardiac drift 150 bpm. (note: my maximum heart rate is 190 bpm) My heart rate was a little over what I wanted for a recovery run as I strive to keep it within the 140-145 bpm range, but overall I'm pretty happy with my progress, considering how frightened I was in December due to the knee injury! Still no aches nor pain on right knee!!
Next week I plan on Wednesdays being my Medium-Long Run, and will start with five miles; Saturdays will be my Long Run and will increase my mileage to six miles next Saturday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yawn...???
I'm jealous. Enjoy the great weather!
Howdy Kim! My Yawn was just a sick way of gloating about the great weather we're having now...this summer when it's 120 degrees in the shade I'll be more humble and you'll have bragging rights!!
Post a Comment