Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Another 4-miler.

Daily Quote: "I remember the use of a term to describe him (Frank Shorter) later in his running career, it was the word "brittle", and I will tell you that it seems to be a pretty good descriptor for our bodies as we age. We can still take a bit of punishment, but if we exceed our maximum, instead of soreness, we have injury. Of course, being brittle sure beats the alternative." --Wayne (Scooter), commenting on my 1/11/09 blog post.

Frank Shorter is one of my running hero's, the other is Bill Rodgers. I remember that Frank Shorter had decided to take up bicycling due to injuries and is now an avid cyclist competitor. I've been considering biking back and forth to work someday soon, the company yard is only 8.1 miles away.

Today is another of my typical 4-milers, but this time a tad faster.

8:30 a.m. 4 miles. Out and back on Torrey Pines Road (partially traverses the Las Vegas Marathon route). Time, 38:40. Overall pace: 9:40. Clear, 51 degrees, Wind SSW at 8 mph. Another day of ideal running weather! Didn't wear a heart rate monitor today, but it was definitely an easy recovery run. Still no aches nor pain on right knee!!

2 comments:

greentigress said...

Hi sounds like a nice run!
Absolutely no idea where to start with trail running shoes... need to convince my sister to shell out for good shoes as she is just starting running, which is so cool, she loved it when she went out with her bf today!
(They live miles away)

Allen said...

Bruce, I'm really glad to hear that you've resumed running!