Daily Quote: "Find someone who's accomplishing the goal and imitate them. When it comes to eating right and exercising, observe and copy a successful person to see what they're doing to get good results. If correct choices are duplicated, then results quite possibly can be duplicated, too."--Nonprofit weight loss education group, "Taking Off Pounds Sensibly"
It's only two weeks into the new year, and I've read in many blogs and forums that many people are still excited to keep those resolutions! I don't have any family role models and in the past have used blogs, forums, and magazine articles for role models.
In 1999, my very first role model was from the magazine "Men's Health and Fitness" that still has a monthly column called "The Belly Off Club," this overweight person had used running as a way to return to his high school weight. He inspired me to make a New Year's Resolution to start running too. I still love those magazine articles and those are the first items I read in any fitness magazine.
My favorite forum at running.about.com is starting a competition similar to the "Biggest Loser" television show that I know will be inspirational and educational for my own smaller weight loss goals.
I also find my fellow bloggers extremely motivational and are such great role models! I now have 80 blogs that I follow and during weekends I would spend many lazy afternoons reading them all. Recently, I've joined Facebook too. I need to be careful with the Internet and not use it as a way to procrastinate from my own exercise.
Today is a different route, but still only a four miler.
8:15 a.m. 4 miles. Out and back on Lindell Road. Time, 38:33. Overall pace: 9:38. Clear, 49 degrees, Wind SSW at 4 mph. Definitely doesn't feel like January!! Average heart rate was 142 bpm. Still no aches nor pain on right knee!!
I'm tempted to increase my daily mileage and it's getting difficult to reel in my eagerness. I'm still planning on increasing Saturday's run to a five miler, and increase it every week by one mile. Baby steps, baby steps.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Patience, Bruce. You'll get there soon enough! I enjoy those articles as well about people who have successfully lost weight. "The Biggest Loser" is still one of my favorite shows. When I was losing weight, I would watch that show while exercising on my elliptical!
As one of the contestants in the contest, I am glad it's helping people out. Usually I am a tad shy and consevative about my weight. But after loosing so much so far I ahve coem out some about it.
The people on the biggest looser are brave, I doubt that when I started this I could have ever done what they did.
Look me up on facebook... it's a great tool to find people and what not. But be warned it can be addicting.
Post a Comment