Daily Quote: "Make it nonnegotiable. Committing to the effort--no matter what--is the first step. Vary when, where and how if needed, but the effort itself must remain constant." --Nonprofit weight loss education group, "Taking Off Pounds Sensibly"
I find it easy to diet when I'm driving my cab as I bring a sack lunch and eat a little every three hours, it's even easier when I'm busy with a convention in town. Sometimes it's difficult to avoid the Roach Coach at the airport, but they do have fruit, yogurt, nuts and other healthy food items to choose.
8:00 a.m. 4 miles. Out and back on Lindell Road. Time, 38:30. Overall pace: 9:37 minute miles.. Clear, 47 degrees, Wind SSW at 3 mph. Average heart rate: 142 bpm. (Note, my maximum heart rate is 190 bpm) Body felt strong and could have easily ran farther, but didn't want to do too much, too soon.
It's going to be beautiful weather throughout the weekend!! Sunny with highs around 70 degrees Fahrenheit. I'm looking forward to my five miler tomorrow morning, which will be my highest mileage since my right knee injury.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It sounds like are are really progresing well....that's awesome.
I am jealous of your running weather...I would love an outside run. Enjoy it! :)
Your comment on my blog was funny...maybe I could tell them I am thinking of becoming a fire fighter...that could work. :)
Post a Comment