Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Focus On the Horizon

Daily Quote: Focus on the horizon. Measure the progress made, which scientists call the 'horizon effect.' It's encouraging to see progress -- motivation grows when the goal is in sight. Repeat winning techniques for more success. --Nonprofit weight loss education group "Taking Off Pounds.

Another four miler, this time on the route when I first discovered I couldn't run due to my injured right knee...I hadn't run this route since as I was a little superstitious.

8:30 a.m. 4 miles. Time 38:41. Out and back on the bike route that parallels HWY 95 between Jones and Rainbow. Sunny, 51 degrees, with no wind. I didn't wear a heart monitor today. I wore my knee strap as to be extra cautious with this route. Happily, no aches nor pain and I was worried for nothing.

I did see three dead pigeons clustered underneath the high power lines...my guess they were electrocuted when they landed on hot wires. Makes me wonder if it's wise for me to train under high power lines?

No comments: