Daily Quote: "You have to wonder at times what you're doing out there. Over the years, I've given myself a thousand reasons to keep running, but it always comes back to where it started. It comes down to self-satisfaction and a sense of achievement." --Steve Prefontaine
Today is my rest day, no exercising whatsoever, which gives me time to catch up on my blog. I might not be able to input my exercise everyday, but I will post my week summary.
SUMMARY: OCTOBER 17-23, 2011
Monday: Run 2.5 miles. (treadmill, 10 minute miles)
Tuesday: Run 1 mile. (treadmill, 10 minute mile) & weight circuit training.
Wednesday: Run 2.5 miles. (treadmill, 10 minute miles) Swim 25 laps.
Thursday: Run 1.5 miles, loop around home. (9:44 minute miles) Swim 25 laps.
Friday: Run 2.5 miles. (treadmill 10 minute miles.)
Saturday: Run 1 mile (treadmill, 10 minute miles.)
Sunday: REST DAY
Total Weekly Mileage: 11:0 miles.
I enjoyed my running last week, no pressure of racing goals, just steady exercising. I ran the same weekly mileage the previous week, but in a different order, and next week I'll increase one of my runs to 3.0 miles, which will be my longest run post-cancer. I should be able to run 3 miles, but will listen to my body and react accordingly.
Suzie was on vacation visiting relatives in upstate New York, therefore I had time during my days off to add a little swimming to my exercise routine...swimming was refreshingly different and was surprised how easily my body could still swim. I should do more swimming in the future.
My weight circuit training is coming along, my body had adapted to certain exercise machines and had to increase the weights. The following is my current routine:
1. Abdominal Crunch. 3 sets of 15 reps on a incline board.
2. Leg Press. 1 set of 15 reps. Weight: 95 pounds.
3. Leg Extension. 1 set of 15 reps. Weight: 65 pounds.
4. Leg Curl. 1 set of 15 reps. Weight: 65 pounds.
5. Chest Press. 1 set of 15 reps. Weight: 55 pounds.
6. Shoulder Press. 1 set of 15 reps. Weight: 20 pounds
7. Tricep Extension. 1 set of 15 reps. Weight: 35 pounds.
8. Lat Pull. 1 sets of 15 rep. Weight: 80 pounds.
9. Bicep Curl. 1 set of 15 rep. Weight: 35 pounds.
10. Low Back Extension: 3 sets of 15 reps.
I don't really enjoy lifting weights, but do receive a certain feeling of self-satisfaction when my body has adapted and need to increase weights! I only lift weights twice a week, which isn't that big of a chore, although once my mileage increases to about 60 miles per week I'll find it difficult to find time to squeeze in the weight training with working 12-hour days as a cab driver.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment