Monday, October 17, 2011

Feeling GOOD!

Daily Quote: "You want me to do something... tell me I can't do it."  --Maya Angelou

The above quote reminds me of the time when the doctors told me that I would be too sick and weak to continue driving my taxi for 12 hours a day and highly recommended to take a medical leave of absence.  I took that as a challenge and continued to work thoughout my chemotherapy and radiation therapy.

Morning resting heart rate: 49 bpm.  Feeling rested and eager to run.

Location: 24 Hour Fitness on Rainbow & Alta.

Run: 9:00 a.m. Precor Treadmill set at a 1% Grade. Warmup: 10 minutes at 3.5 mph. Run: 2.5 miles at 6.0 mph (10 minute mile) Cooldown: 10 minutes at 3.5 mph. Average heart rate 141 bpm. Shoes: ASICS Trainers.

No aches nor pain and ran strong with good form throughout the 2.5 miles.  Felt exuberant after my run and could easily have ran farther. I should be able to increase my mileage to 3.0 miles next week!
Tomorrow's plan is to run one mile and a round of weight circuit training.

No comments: