Daily Quote: "Bruce, as you know I've been taking my wakeup HR since I was in my early 40s. I found then, and it's true today, that if I'm tired, my HR will go up, and it may take a couple of weeks to come down, even though I get good sleep during those weeks. That is, one or two nights of sleep deficit or one or two days of over training will push my wakeup HR up, but it will take a week or more of rest before the HR comes down." --Allen Leigh
My morning resting heart rate was a high 51 bpm (normally it's 40-43 bpm). Decided to just do weight circuit training today, which isn't too much of a cardio workout with the hope of making tomorrow's 2.5 mile run easier. Perhaps my heart rate won't take a week or more of rest before it goes down.
My shoulders are still a little sore, therefore I'll continue the lesser 20 pound weights on the shoulder press machine as to allow my body to adapt. Due to my body's easier adaption of 50 pounds on the chest press last Tuesday, today I'll increase the weights on the chest press to 55 pounds.
The following is my current circuit training:
1. Abdominal Crunch. 3 sets of 15 reps on a incline board.
2. Leg Press. 1 set of 15 reps. Weight: 90 pounds.
3. Leg Extension. 1 set of 15 reps. Weight: 65 pounds.
4. Leg Curl. 1 set of 15 reps. Weight: 65 pounds.
5. Chest Press. 1 set of 15 reps. Weight: 55 pounds.
6. Shoulder Press. 1 set of 15 reps. Weight: 20 pounds
7. Tricep Extension. 1 set of 15 reps. Weight: 35 pounds.
8. Lat Pull. 1 sets of 15 rep. Weight: 75 pounds.
9. Bicep Curl. 1 set of 15 rep. Weight: 35 pounds.
10. Low Back Extension: 3 sets of 15 reps.
My shoulders did well on the shoulder press machine, only a slight ache. The chest press still felt easy and completed the 15 repetitions with little effort, will increase the chest press to 60 pounds next week. My lower back felt a little stiff, maybe reduce the Low Back Extension to only two sets next week.
Tomorrow I'll attempt to run 2.5 miles again, if the effort is too difficult, I'll only run 2.0 miles or maybe even less.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment