Sunday, October 9, 2011

SUMMARY: NOVEMBER 3-9, 2011

Daily Quote: "Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie

It has been a very long time since I've made a week summary of my runs...how sweet it is!!  My first complete week of running, it was slow and cautious, but I'm on the right track.  Sundays are to be my rest days, what better time to reflect.  The following was my week in a nutshell:

Monday:  Run 2 miles. (treadmill, 10 minute miles)
Tuesday: Run 1 mile. (treadmill, 10 minute mile) & weight circuit training.
Wednesday:  Run 2 miles. (treadmill, 10 minute miles)
Thursday: Run 1 mile. (treadmill, 10 minute mile) & weight circuit training.
Friday: Run 2.5 miles. (treadmill 10 minute miles.)
Saturday: Run 1 mile (treadmill, 10 minute miles.)
Sunday: REST DAY.
Total Weekly Mileage: 8.5 miles.

Next week I'll slightly increase Monday and Wednesday runs to 2.5 miles; the rest of last week's schedule I'll repeat.

My upper shoulders are better and will return to the shoulder press next week, but with less poundage.

No aches nor pain in my legs and will listen to my body closely and alter training if necessary.

Overall I'm very upbeat and happy with my progress, as long as I don't overdue it I'll be fine.

No comments: